Doctoral research at the Faculty Languages & Literatures
The University of Bayreuth’s Faculty of Languages & Literatures gives students the option of pursuing doctoral research as an individualized doctorate or within the scope of a structured doctoral programme. In either case, the doctoral regulations of the Faculty of Languages & Literatures apply. In addition, the University of Bayreuth Graduate School is open to all doctoral researchers and actively supports them during their doctoral studies.
Please note: The first step to take for students interested in pursuing a doctorate is to get in touch with a prospective dissertation advisor.
Doctoral Committee (term of office 01.10.2023 - 30.09.2025)
- Universitätsprofessorin Dr. Gesine Lenore Schiewer (Dean)
- Universitätsprofessorin Dr. Jeanne Cortiel (ordentl. Mitglied und Frauenbeauftragte)
- Universitätsprofessorin Dr. Christine Hanke
- Universitätsprofessorin Dr. Gabriela Paule
- Universitätsprofessorin Dr. Alena Rettová
- Universitätsprofessor Dr. Mirco Schönfeld
- Universitätsprofessorin Dr. Gabriele Sommer
- PD Dr. Georg Leube
To be admitted to the Faculty of Languages & Literatures as a doctoral student, the required documents must be submitted to the doctoral committee. The documents must be submitted in full one week before the date of the committee meeting.
For Winter Semester 2023/24:
Submit documents by Tuesday, 17.10.2023, 9 a.m.
Submit documents by Tuesday, 09.01.2024, 9 a.m.
For Summer Semester 2024:
Submit documents by Tuesday, 16.04.2024, 9 a.m.
Submit documents by Tuesday, 26.06.2024, 9 a.m.
Applying for acceptance for doctoral research
- Application for acceptance for doctoral research
- Guidance notes on the application for acceptance for doctoral research
- Supervisory agreement for doctoral research (English version) at the Faculty of Languages & Literatures
- Guidance notes for the supervisory agreement
- Access to the online registration platform (see § 7 para 5 of the doctoral regulations dated 15 September 2017)
Application for admission to the doctoral examination process
- Application for admission to the doctoral examination process
- Guidance notes on the application for admission to the doctoral examination process